Is Musculoskeletal Pain affecting the UK economy?
BACK PAIN SUFFERERS SHOULD SEEK EARLY TREATMENT INTERVENTION, NEW RESEARCH FROM MEDICAL COUNCIL REVEALS
The study by the Work Foundation indicates:
- Seeking early treatment intervention can dramatically improve your condition, get you back to work quicker and slash the risk of developing further complaints and chronic back pain
- Britons take 35 million working days off a year due to back pain (second worst statistics in Europe)
- Back pain and similar conditions are not considered urgent by some health professionals (or life-threatening) therefore not referred for treatment as early as is needed
- By 2030 – it is predicted that 50% of population will be diagnosed with a musculoskeletal disorder such as back pain
- Currently low back pain affects approximately a third of the population
- The study showed that 98% manual workers have struggled to work with back pain
- Back pain costs the NHS £1.5billion a year
I’m not sure about you but these statistics worry me. Chiropractic care should be part of every body’s primary health care regime. With chiropractic care musculoskeletal disorders can be effectively managed and treated.
List of chiropractic effectiveness studies can be found on The British Chiropractic Association website http://www.chiropractic-uk.co.uk/For-Health-Care-Professionals-Research-12-mi.aspx